From the Diary of the Spiritual Warrior
I have been doing this morning ritual just about every day since August. It has evolved into the greatest joy of my day because it lets be create a day by my own design. My favorite part is writing because here is where the magic gets created. I focus on the abundance in my life, create wish lists of what would make the day kick ass awesome and put down goals which give me a road map for the day.
My meditation and yoga practice are there to cultivate love in my heart mind so that I can view the world with the eyes of love and compassion.
For me this practice is essential for my well being. I hope it inspires you to create your own magical morning!!
“Each morning, the sun ushers in the beauty of a new day. A chance to begin again, we look out into the world with fresh eyes, our minds turning to the possibilities of what can be created. Today is a new day-anything is possible-go out and live it!” Kelly Garrigan-Life Coach
As defined by Wikipedia a ritual is defined as, “a sequence of activities involving gestures, words, and objects, performed in a sequestered place, and performed according to set sequence.”
Today, we live lives of busy, rushing from one thing to the next. We do a lot of praying but little time sitting and listening to Divine guidance. When we set time aside for the Divine, and truly listen with an open heart and mind, our lives seem to sail a lot more smoothly. Its like getting an extra shot of espresso in your morning cup of joe.
While studying the Yoga Sutras, and inspired by “The Miracle Morning”, I have found that my morning ritual is essential for my overall well-being. Giving myself this sacred hour to commune with the Divine starts my day out on a positive note which just keeps rolling and building into a day that ends up to be, “The best day ever!”
Here is what I do every morning that leads me to a day of amazingness:
- Breathwork-5 minutes
- Meditation-10 minutes
- Asana Yoga Practice-15 minutes
- 3G Journaling-Gratitude, Greatness & Goals-15 minutes
- Read spiritual, motivational or inspirational material-15 minutes
This is an hour, if you have more time, take it. If you have less time, you can adjust it. Taking 2 minutes on something is better than nothing at all.
Now, you are probably saying you can’t get up any earlier or you don’t have time. But, doing these activities will make you feel less stressed less anxious, better to focus on what you have to do and gives you mapped out directions for your day.
Benefits of a Morning Ritual
- Starts your day on a positive note
- Sacred time with the Divine
- Daily inspiration to live a heart centered life
- Time for self-reflection
- Daily goals help you stay on track and focused
- Practice of being present
- Gratitude practice keeps awareness of abundance
- Breathe work calms and centers as well as creates more oxygen in the body boosting the immune system
- Less stress throughout the day
- Provides a road map of what you want to get done
- Mindfulness practice keeps you in the present moment
- Morning asana practice moves energy in the body, helping you wake up plus keeps body fluid
Friends, there is power in doing this practice every morning which have resulted in so many miraculous events in my life. I invite you to start out your day with some sort of sacred ritual. And, if you need a little extra boost and are interested in making transformational changes in your life, I would love to partner with you and coach you on your journey! Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org